The Web Design process
The web design process is simple.
- Pick a Web Design Package
Have a look at the Web Design Packages below and select the one that suits your business, your ideas and your budget.
- Pick a Design Template.
Choose one of the Design Templates.
- Pay a deposit
Contact me to confirm your choices and pay a 50% deposit on the Package. We will also discuss what domain name you would like to register, as well as the search keywords that you would like to be found by, so that I can advise you on how to write, or re-word your content.
- Send me images (and content)
- Email me your company logo. I can work with any digital format, so don’t worry about the file type. Content should be in a separate Microsoft Word or Google Docs file for each page of your website — the text looks nicer in Word and Docs, because of en dashes – and em dashes — as well as “curly quotes” and apostrophes like this word’s.
- If choosing the Basic package, send me photos to replace the images in the template. Photos should be good quality JPEG files (I’ll always improve and optimise them).
- I’ll also take the URLs of your social media pages to link to, as well as details for your Google Maps listing.
- You get updates
I’ll then keep in touch to provide updates, set up your email and show you previews of the site in progress.
- Go live!
In about 2 weeks (4 weeks for Premium package), your website will be ready to go live, with all of the Important Stuff included. You pay the balance, I make the site live and then I’ll walk you through how to update your site (this may be over the phone, or face-to-face depending on timing and your location).
Web Design Packages
All prices are for websites up to 10 pages (add $100 for each additional page).
Every website comes with the following, as standard:
- Domain name registration for 2 years – .com.au or .com (worth $50).
- Set up of email at your domain, accessed through Gmail (worth $100).
- On-site SEO and SMO on every page.
- Search engine submission and Google Maps listing.
- A responsive (mobile-friendly) website.
- A secure contact form and an SSL certificate (HTTPS across the entire site) (worth $150).
- 12 months of hosting, support and maintenance (worth $540).
- Website stats through Google Analytics.
- Embedding YouTube or Vimeo videos.
- Read more about these important features
- All of these great features:
- You supply all photos. I’ll colour-correct and improve them.
- Your photos will be optimised for fast loading with high image-quality.
- You supply all text content. Text and link colours will be changed to match your brand.
- All the features of Basic, plus:
- Your photos + royalty-free photos sourced and licensed for your site.
- Changes to colours and fonts, and associated testing on various devices.
- Photo gallery, custom headers, video header and graphic design work.
All good websites start with a template or framework these days. A web designer might create 2 or 3 “mock-ups” or “designs” for you to choose from, but really, it’s just 2 or 3 templates that they’re showing you. Rather than waiting for those mock-ups, you can see a range of design templates right now. Insert your own brand, photos, and text, and there’s your website. Click each template thumbnail below to see the design in a new window. Pick the one you like the look and feel of, and I’ll do the rest. If you’re not sure if it will work with your business, just give me a shout.
The following web hosting plans are available after your first year. The main difference is in the backup frequency. If you or someone on your team accidentally deletes content, or makes changes to the site that you wish they hadn’t, I can restore the site to the most recent backup.
|Plan 1||Plan 2|
|Unlimited storage and traffic||✓||✓|
|Quarterly SSL certificate updates||✓||✓|
|WordPress security patches and updates||✓||✓|
|Complete backup of site and database||monthly||daily|
|Site/database restoration (or rollback)||$99 per restoration||One free restoration per year if needed. Additional restorations are $99 each|